Monday, March 10, 2014

Rom and Captain Marvel take on the Super Skrull

Left click to enlarge
I remember seeing these comic book bag sets in liquor stores and dime shops back in the early 80s, good memories. Special thanks to Gary Martin Jr. for providing a photo image of the 3 pack bag set with Rom 45 in it.



Ya know you can never be too sure when you're gonna all of a sudden be able to just sit down and start putting pencil to paper and get something pretty good cranked out which I was able to finally do again yesterday afternoon on my day of. I guess this resulted between all the new fan art that turned up this past weekend and the nice chill day I had Sunday. This took me about 3 hours or so to do I hope you all like it.
Also, see the latest Rom and Micronauts fan art from Dann Phillips http://dannphillips.deviantart.com/

11 comments:

  1. Again and again chris brings awesome work to the spaceknight squad.This one like the others looks great. I think he has done all of the spaceknights now with only Rainbow left?

    Annual two always a favorite the first time seeing most of the other knights I also like pulsars death in another annual i know you didnt care for Shlomo.

    Great pencil work by the way. I beleive you can draw ROM flying with your eyes closed at this point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Joseph! I'm really glad you dig the customs! I've got a few more squadron members to do,..Skera the Scanner,..Rainbow the,..rainbow one,..and of course Tarm the Seeker! Then I hope to work on more ROM enemies!

      Delete
    2. thanks Joseph i'm glad somebody out there likes this first time ever Rom and Captain Marvel team up fan art.

      Delete
  2. You Killin it exhuman your custom figures are far cooler than what we've been given for sales by the big wing fine addition to the collection brother!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Thanks Z! I'm so glad you like him bro'! I really appreciate the support man!

      Delete
  3. It's my favorite issue!

    Another spot-on custom! The new Javelin looks boss as fuck too, exhuman.

    He's not just any ordinary Skrull- he's *bum-bum-bada-bum* Super-Skrull!
    Noice!
    ROM is just launching himself at him too! I like that pose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KoT! I'm glad you like the end result! ..and thanks for checking out the new Javelin too!

      Delete
  4. Rom and Capt. Marvel! Great combo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. checked out your work man. I'm blogging with a professional. Enjoyed the tour.

      Delete
    2. yeah some kind of Captain Marvel and Rom fan art is something I've been wanting to do for a while now and last weekend it just finally happened.

      Delete
  5. This is a match up Id like to see in 30 pages. Kl'rt is my guy, sorry but I hope he ummm, kick their asses.

    (quickly pulls up the force field to protect from the backlash of Rom fans)

    This is good work man, I wanted to do ROM invades the the Tiger Cage but couldn't make it happen in time. maybe next round.

    ReplyDelete