Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New ROM 1980s cosplay photo found and more!


I must say I'm continuously surprised with how much ROM related stuff there still is out there. I've been on a real role lately just when I think I've seen it all something new turns up rather it be some new fan art, something in a back issue bin or a vintage photo like this.And as a follow up to the Marvel Hype Box I added in the last posting I also came across this posting from the very same blog. It seems Mantlo's work on ROM and The Micronauts served him well as the writer for the original Transformers mini-series which I loved back in the day along with the toys. Here's an excerpt of the 1984 Marvel Age #17 article but for the full story go to the link below: http://starlogged.blogspot.com/2012/03/transformers-arrive-in-marvel-age.html

Up next from the pages of the All New Official Marvel Universe Handbook . . . HYBRID!

5 comments:

  1. I crack up every time I see pictures of that goofy-ass Hulk costume. :) It's fun to see how Marvel used to make these promo shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. come to think of it that costume reminds me a lot of the super cheesy King Kong get up in that Japanese Godzilla vs King Kong monster movie from back in the day with the bad voice overs.

      Delete
  2. This is a fun Photo. It would be cool to see a ROM autobot in the movie. Imagine if the newest Camaro transformed into ROM, space knight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually that is kinda hard to imagine. but yeah that indeed is a fun photo i'm pretty stoked about having found it. the guy in the Spiderman costume has got the the whole Spidey pose look down pretty good.

      Delete
  3. I have to agree with you on the Hulk Japanese King Kong comparison Ha that's just about right Ha!! What we can see of Spider Woman looks pretty good too! Now Cap's costume looks pretty cool but he looks like he might need another does of Super serum. Ha great find though Dave!

    ReplyDelete