Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rom commision art for Rick Hansen by IDW artist Thomas Zahler

LinkUsually I'm not a big fan of caricature style renderings of characters unless it's in MAD magazine or as a political cartoon but this one is an exception. This guy has a distinctive style that I like. It's kinda tongue n' cheek and bad ass looking at the same time. Not at all an easy thing to pull off. You may also recognize Zahler's work from IDW's Love & Capes title.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!
The first few pages of Avengers Academy #25 can be read here: http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/previews-f35/marvel-preview-avengers-academy-t76976.html
And for those of you who are interested in how the Avengers Academy Hybrid story arc ends you can see a comprehensive review of #25 here: http://xmanscomicblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/avengers-academy-25.html

2 comments:

  1. I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted him to do ROM or Mal Reynolds (Firefly), so I ordered BOTH ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for bringing this to my attention Rick. it's always good to be the first to display new fan art before it starts making the rounds all over the net.

      Delete